Crab on the Menu During The South Devon Crab Festival
The following restaurants and cafes will be offering special crab menus during the week of the South Devon Crab Festival. Please contact the businesses direct for further information.
Rockfish, Dartmouth – Not your ordinary fish and chip shop, Mitch Tonks' RockFish serves the freshest fish bought straight from the fish markets daily including cracked crab and crab salads. During the week of the South Devon Crab Festival the following dishes will be on the menu:
- Our famous crab sandwich
- Dartmouth crab cocktail
- Vietnamese crab roll
The Seahorse, Dartmouth – Called "The Ivy by the sea" by the Independent, The Seahorse will be serving a special crab menu of three dishes to celebrate the greatness of South Devon crab. On the menu for the festival will be:
- Crab salad with olive oil, datterini tomatoes & basil
- Baked crab in the Basque style
- Spaghetti with, crab, lemon & chilli
To follow on from Monty Halls' talk on crabs The Castle are delighted to be offering a fantastic a la carte menu to celebrate the festival
- A plate of crab three ways (A la carte £7.50)
- Pan fried sea bass in a crab bisque sauce, served with vegetablenoodles (A la Carte £21.50)
- Crème brulee and homemade walnut shortbread (A la carte £6.75)
3 course menu price £28.95 From 8pm.
Call 01803 833033 to book your table.
The Crab Shack, Teignmouth – Serving crab straight from their own boats and specialising in handpicked crab and spider crab.
The Cary Arms, Babbacombe - Offering a special South Devon Crab Menu thoroughout the festival to include snacks, starters and main course crab dishes.
Waterside Bistro, Totnes – Serving a special whole crab dish on the menu as part of the festival.
Cafe Alf Resco, Dartmouth - The cafe will have fresh Dartmouth Dressed Crab Platters & Homemade Spicy Dartmouth Crab Cakes on offer for lunch during the festival.
The Vineyard Café and Sharpham Winery - Selling excellent food all made from local produce, the Vineyard Cafe will be serving speciality crab dishes for the week of the festival to be enjoyed with their winning wine. Enjoy the 2010 Sharpham Estate Selection with your crab - recently voted the best wine to accompany South Devon Crab in our Crab Festival competition.
New Walk Restaurant, Totnes – Exclusive, specially created crab dishes on the menu – for the festival week only.
Sea Trout Inn, Staverton – A daily specials board with different crab dishes on every day. Enjoy one of the following dishes:
- Crab & Pork Spring Rolls, cucumber, ginger& chilli relish
- Crab & Avocado Salad, pink grapefruit & watercress
- Crab Sandwich with crisps & side salad
- Dressed Crab, mixed leaf salad, chive citrus crème fraiche
- Chilli Crab Linguini tossed in olive oil, garlic & shallot, fresh herbs
Baked Whole Sole stuffed with crab & prawn meat with lemon confit & caper herb butter
Britannia @ The Beach, Beesands – Special Crab themed menu for the week. Enjoy one of the following dishes:
- Start Bay Crab Rissotto with local samphire
- Potted Crab with toast
- Start Bay Crab & Scallop Linguine with rocket
- Cracked a whole Start Bay Crab with salad & baked bread
- Start Bay Crab Salad with fennel, lime & sweet chilli
The Angel, Dartmouth - Special crab dishes available throughout the festival week, including:
- Burmese Crab Noodle Soup: £7.95
- Tian of Crab with Avocado and Tomato Salsa, Mixed Leaves: £8.95
- Crab Linguine (starter) £8.95/ (main course) £14.95
- Classic Crab Sandwich: £9.95