This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Castle Lodges||£381.00 per person (room only)|
|Castle Room||from £279.00 to £329.00 per person (room only)|
|Classic Room||from £229.00 to £279.00 per room (room only)|
|Grand State Room||from £669.00 to £719.00 per person (room only)|
|Junior State / Family Room||from £419.00 to £469.00 per person (room only)|
|Single Room||from £159.00 to £209.00 per person (room only)|
|State Room||from £549.00 to £599.00 per person (room only)|
|Superior Castle Room||from £319.00 to £369.00 per person (room only)|
|Valley Castle Room||from £359.00 to £409.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
History, glamour, excitement and adventure - Bovey Castle is truly a luxurious award winning hotel set in beautiful countryside surroundings. A place where you can live out your dreams then put your feet up.
In the heart of Dartmoor National Park, the Castle overlooks the beautiful Edwardian gardens and meandering championship golf course set in the valley of the River Bovey.
Enjoy the luxuriously appointed décor, outstanding service and attention to detail.
Where else can you wear your Hunter wellies at 8am, golf spikes at 3pm and Manolo Blahniks for dinner? But while we offer our guests luxury and indulgence, this is not a stuffy hotel where you can’t sit on the furniture or let your kids enjoy themselves.
Our bedrooms have been designed with you in mind and offer comfort and luxury to meet your high standards. The leaded panes, lofted ceilings contrasted with modern day flat screen televisions with high speed wireless internet connections, games and movies.
Relax in the newly refurbished ESPA Spa or take a dip in the indoor pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Set within the beautiful grounds are 22three-storey country lodges. Each lodge has three en-suite bathrooms and almost all are laid out over three floors and able to sleep eight people.
Each property is built from local granite and vaulted with English oak, all echoing the enduring character of Devon’s moorlands.
Situated amongst woodland, bordered by lakes and perfected lawns the lodge provides guests with their own private sanctuary.
Guests can enjoy the hotel facilities and housekeeping services are still available, allowing you to enjoy benefits of Bovey castle as well as desired independence.
New Bedrooms at Bovey Castle
Following last year’s extensive refurbishment of the public areas, the Great Western restaurant and Smith’s Brasserie, 2016 has seen the first phase of the bedroom refurbishment at Bovey Castle.
The twenty six bedrooms located in the east wing of the hotel have been redeveloped to create twenty two ensuite rooms of uncompromised quality. Each room is individually styled in subtle, restful schemes featuring a pastel palette.
Meticulous details have been considered to give the guest a truly relaxing stay; improved lighting offers different settings to suit every mood, hugely comfortable oversized beds, perfect to sink into, and sumptuous soft furnishings all combine to provide an unforgettable and totally luxurious experience.
Many of the rooms now have separate seating areas with sofa beds and full size breakfast tables for ‘in-room dining’. A number of the new rooms are now family friendly with adjoining children’s rooms attached to the main bedroom - a feature that is often requested by families staying with us at Bovey Castle.
The bathrooms in all the new bedrooms have been remodelled and the majority now have a walk-in rain shower, as well as a bath with thermostatically controlled hand shower. All our bathrooms are finished to the highest standard with marble tiling and granite detailing. ‘Anti steam’ and shaving mirrors are fitted as standard.
Bovey Castle now boasts some of the most impressive bedrooms in the South West and, whilst further bedroom redevelopment phases are planned for later in 2016, the new bedrooms in the east wing are available now.
Bovey Castle’s Great Western Restaurant awarded 3 AA Rosettes
We are delighted that the Great Western Restaurant has been awarded three rosettes by the AA for its culinary excellence. Restaurants with the coveted three rosettes are deemed to be outstanding establishments that demand recognition well beyond their local area and just 10% of the AA’s restaurants achieve this level.
Imagine the best pubs in the land. You’ll be thinking countryside views, roaring fires, a welcoming atmosphere, cosy seating and delicious aromas drifting from the kitchens. Got an image in your head? Well, Smith’s Brasserie is that, but better.
Relaxed and inviting, bang on trend yet unpretentious and most certainly classic British dining at its best. Smith’s is the kind of place where you can dress up and make it special with a glass of Champagne or dress it down and bring the kids for a family lunch after a day out on the resort. You can spend some ‘me time’ curled up with a good book and hot chocolate in front of the fire pit or some ‘we time’ catching up over cocktails.
We don’t stand on ceremony here and we don’t want you to either so just chill out and prepare to do some serious relaxing in stylish surroundings.
The 3 AA Rosette Great Western Restaurant is just a little bit special. We’re not in the market for stuffy dining where you feel like you need to whisper behind your napkin. Great Western Restaurant is relaxed and comfortable, yet upscale and classy. We call it ‘exclusive dining’ actually, purely because it’s an experience you won’t find anywhere else in the South West.
Our roots are firmly planted in classical cookery, recalling the glamour of the restaurant’s Art Deco origins and echoes of a bygone era. They say the first bite is with the eye, so from the very start you are in for a treat as beautifully presented dishes, using locally sourced ingredients, are placed at your fingertips.
The ambience lends itself well to dapper tailoring and a fancy frock so feel free to glam up and feel special for an evening of splendid food and wine.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good428
- Clare PLondonTrip type:FamilyPleasant hotelTuesday, 21st March 2017A beautiful hotel set in lovely grounds which were a joy to walk around. Room was perfect with a newly refurbished bathroom. Quiet with great views. Food in the brasserie was great. The main... Read full review
- walker782Glasgow, United KingdomTrip type:FamilyAfternoon tea huge disappointment.Tuesday, 21st March 2017Menu online stated Assorted freshly cut sandwiches,Free range egg & chive,Ham & English mustard,Poached salmon & cucumber, Turkey & wholegrain mustard mayonnaise. We received what can only be... Read full review
- BerttieB111Newton Abbot, United KingdomTrip type:Friends getawayGraet AfternoonTeaMonday, 20th March 2017Had this as a Christmas present from a friend of ours and we had a great time. The afternoon tea was fantastic and the staff were on the whole brilliant and it was a shame that one male waiter kept... Read full review
- Accessible Rooms
- Country house
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II listed
- Weekend breaks
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Accept Children Over 3
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Games room, outdoor activities and childrens play barn.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free on-site.
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - 18-hole championship course.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Fishing - Two lakes and 7 mile stretch of River Teign.
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities - Tennis courts.
- Outdoor pool
- Spa bath
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Daily rates available
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Countryside Location
- Currency exchange service
- Electricity inc in rate
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gym and Leisure facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Linen provided
- Night porter
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Pets accepted - Dogs in some bedrooms.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Regular evening entertainment
- Separate guests' lounge
- Short breaks available
- Spa and Treatment Room
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Swimming Pool
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Golfers.
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
BEDROOMS: FOR GUESTS WHO USE A WHEELCHAIR
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards AA - 3 Rosettes 2017
|Open New Year|
|2017 - Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|