- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 25th Apr 2017
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 26th Apr 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£129.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double||£199.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double||£159.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Langdon Court is a historic Grade II Listed 16th-century Tudor manor mouse set in its own grounds within the South Hams (an area of outstanding Natural Beauty). The hotel is only six miles from Plymouth City Centre (15 minute drive) and is just one mile from Wembury Beach with a private track joining with the South Hams Coastal Path.
Langdon Court is brimming with extraordinary nautical, military, royal and regal history. This Tudor mansion (mentioned in the Domesday Book) is set in 10 acres of beautiful woodlands. The walled Jacobean gardens are perfectly tranquil in the spring and summer months and the open log fires and comfort of the boutique-style bedrooms provide all the luxury and relaxation you require in the winter months.
Our award-winning fine dining restaurant is renowned for its use of fresh local produce and locally caught seafood all prepared in our kitchens. Our bar brasserie menu is also available and provides the best food of the West Country such as our Fisherman’s Pie, Tribute Beer Battered Fish and Hand Cut Chips or our Homemade Beef, Mushroom and Claret Pies to name a few.
Langdon Court has 18 beautiful boutique style en-suite bedrooms. Each room is individually designed combining the best of contemporary and classic chic. Most bedrooms boast stunning views across the South Hams countryside, gardens or grounds with Victorian roll-top baths and some have elegant four-poster beds.
All bedrooms have freeview digital TV, free Wi-Fi, complimentary toiletries, complimentary hospitality tray and bathrobes and slippers (on request).
Langdon Court Hotel is awarded - AA 4 Star and Visit England 4 Star
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good67
- podeurmarcelTorquay, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesBirthday treatThursday, 13th April 2017Booked as a birthday treat for my partner. Overall it was very good indeed ; a superb location, friendly attentive staff, a lovely spacious bedroom, excellent food and reasonable prices for a four... Read full review
- sandranicholls64Bucklebury, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesUnderstated EleganceWednesday, 12th April 2017On arrival we were a little nervous as the first sight of the house is the back view and not very impressive but then you turn into the car park and there is definitely an air of sophistication. We... Read full review
- Shelagh JNewton Abbot, United KingdomTrip type:FamilyWedding researchMonday, 10th April 2017Visited Langdon court for their weekday lunch deal with my daughter who is considering this venue for her wedding. The restaurant manager coped admirably with an influx of visitors on his own in an... Read full review
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II star Listed Tudor manor. Saxon vaulted cellars. 30ft Saxon well. 17thC walled garden.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Additional meal details - Any
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
- Real log/coal fires
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
When approaching Plymouth on the A38 from Exeter or Cornwall, follow the signs to Plymouth City Centre A374 – As you drive towards the city centre along the Embankment (river on the left) keep in the Right Hand Lane, you now need to follow signs for Kingsbridge A379 this will take you through the junction and traffic lights onto the A379.
Continue along the A379 to the Elburton Hotel roundabout (4th one) turn right and follow the brown tourist information signs to Langdon Court – Turn RIGHT at the Texaco garage – Turn LEFT at next T junction – Continue on this road for approximately 2 miles (ignore Down Thomas signpost). After a very sharp left hand bend in road continue to fork in road and take the left hand fork to Langdon Court drive.
Public Transport Directions
From Plymouth - 8 miles
Take A379 out of Plymouth to Elburton.
- Sunday Lunch at Langdon Court Hotel
- Fine Dining at Langdon Court Hotel
- 4 AA Stars
- 4 Visit England Stars
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2013
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* The Langdon Court Hotel is a very popular wedding venue, especially for exclusive use functions. Consequently, there are times during the week when we are closed to non-wedding guests. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, please contact us before travelling to Langdon Court to make sure we can accommodate you.
Four Star AA and Visit Britain Hotel 24 hour Service but main entrance locked at 11.30pm