- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Granary Barn||£55.00 per person per night|
*Pricing includes a bottle of wine, a pint of milk, fresh eggs, towels and linen, heating and electricity.
The Barn comprises of a living room, bedroom with king size bed, bathroom with shower big enough for two and a fully fitted kitchen. Guests have access to woodland walks onsite, fishing lake, tennis court and free wifi.
The Granary Barn is a cosy self catering cottage on the edge of Dartmoor, with easy access to the moor and coast, that sleeps 2. With high vaulted ceilings, oodles of beams and plenty of space to relax it has the wow factor. With large chandeliers, reclaimed oak furniture and sublime views, you’re bound to feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of life. Located on the first floor*, the barn is surrounded by rolling hills.
Comprising of a stunning living room, fully fitted kitchen, king size bed in the snuggliest of rooms and a shower big enough for two, this really is a romantic rural retreat.
The living room style is chic, with lots of little touches to help you relax – snuggly blankets and table lamps to help soothe you into calm. The King Size bed is ridiculously comfortable and the kitchen contains everything needed to whip up a feast.
The barn is situated in a beautiful valley on the edge of the moor but is the perfect base for exploring both moor and coast with the A38 Devon Expressway only a five minute drive away. Curl up & unwind in a little corner of beautiful Dartmoor. The style is English cosy Cottage with plenty of romance, relaxation & rustic charm.
Cottage & barn guests have complimentary use of the tennis court, free WIFI and stays include a bottle of wine, fresh farm eggs and milk.
It’s peaceful and secluded: the only sounds are distant church bells, birdsong, the occasional woof of friendly dogs Holly and Scruff and the sounds of the stream making its way through the valley. Perfect for short or long stays on Dartmoor, this self-catering accommodation is perfect for Moor & Beach lovers. The sandy coves of South Devon aren’t too far away and with Moorland walks on our doorstep, Dartmoor’s spectacular landscape is on tap.
"Do you ever listen to The Archers? Do you ever imagine the rolling green hills of Ambridge as you hear the fake bird song behind Lynda Snell’s voice, or the stone cottages that house the likes of Peggy Woolley? Well, transplant that visual a couple of hours south, out of Borsetshire and into Dartmoor, and you’ve got Lurcombe Luxury Cottages, the most picturesque cluster of cottages there is”Pip McCormac, Associate Editor, Red Magazine
* Please note, the Granary is accessed by wide Dartmoor granite steps, unsuitable for those with access difficulties.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Georgie LLondon, United KingdomLovely weekend staySunday, 12th February 2017We stayed this weekend and had a great time. The barn is very nicely done and the rooms are great sizes and the kitchen it well equipped. The dogs on the farm were our favourite thing, especially... Read full review
- Phillippa PHorsham, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesIdyllicWednesday, 17th August 2016We had a three night stay at The Granary Barn recently as we were attending a wedding in Newton Abbot and wanted to extend our break to a day either side. Although the accommodation is off the... Read full review
- Hanna KTrip type:CouplesPerfect.Tuesday, 26th July 2016My partner and I stayed in The Granary for a two-night break and simply cannot find fault with any aspect of our stay. The hosts are incredibly welcoming, the accommodation is presented beautifully... Read full review
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - We accept babes in arms up to a year old and can provide a travel cot. We ask that you bring your own bedding for your little one!
- Adult Only
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Fishing - We have a small fishing lake which is filled with carp and the odd rainbow trout. You are welcome to fish it, as long as you're able to snap what you caught and then kindly then pop it back!
- Tennis court
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- DVD Player
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod Dock
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Internet Access
- Countryside Location
- Electricity inc in rate
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gas inc in rate
- Ironing Facilities
- Launderette - There is a washing machine available to use in a separate utility room.
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Special provisions for cyclists - We are able to provide secure lock up for bikes and have had several cyclists stay to explore the moor.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
The barn is located in a secret little valley, 5 mins from the A38.
When you book, we send out directions so we know you can arrive safely!
Public Transport Directions
We recommend bringing a car, as the area is full of things to see and do.
We are set in the village of Bickington, on the edge of the Moor, which is only a few minutes drive from the A38 Devon Expressway.
Lurcombe is nestled into a secret valley – and feels like far enough away….but close enough to….
We have no light pollution and oodles of wildlife
We are only 10 minutes from Newton Abbot, Ashburton and 25 minutes from Exeter, 30 minutes from Plymouth.
We are located in a great location, only 3 miles from Haytor and the iconic Tors of Dartmoor
The bus stop is a fifteen minute walk away with links to exeter and plymouth.
The nearest train station is Newton Abbot, the nearest airport Exeter
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 1 Jan 2020)|
* We are open all year round!