- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Mill Cottage||£55.00 per person per night|
*Pricing includes a bottle of wine, a pint of milk, fresh eggs, towels and linen, heating and electricity. Guests have access to the tennis court, fishing lake and free WIFI.
The Mill Cottage is a cosy self catering cottage on the edge of Dartmoor, with easy access to the moor and coast, that sleeps 2. With a romantic cottage feel, its warm and inviting with plenty of character - the cute 'hobbit sized' feature window looking across rolling hills and the exquisite ornate mantlepiece helps give the Mill cottage its quirkyness.
Comprising of a stunning living room, fully fitted kitchen, Super king size bed in the snuggliest of rooms and a brand new wet room big enough for two, this really is a romantic rural retreat. The cottage also has the benefit of a small utility room, which is perfect for those muddy/sandy boots & coats after a day spent exploring the moor and the coast.
The living room style is quaint, with lots of little touches to help you relax – snuggly blankets and table lamps to help soothe you into calm. The Super King Size bed is ridiculously comfortable and the kitchen contains everything needed to whip up a feast.
The cottage is situated in a beautiful valley on the edge of the moor but is the perfect base for exploring both moor and coast with the A38 Devon Expressway only a five minute drive away. Curl up & unwind in a little corner of beautiful Dartmoor. The style is English cosy Cottage with plenty of romance, relaxation & rustic charm.
Cottage guests have complimentary use of the tennis court, fishing lake, free WIFI and stays include a bottle of wine, fresh farm eggs and milk.
It’s peaceful and secluded: the only sounds are distant church bells, birdsong, the occasional woof of friendly dogs Holly and Scruff and the sounds of the stream making its way through the valley. Perfect for short or long stays on Dartmoor, this self-catering accommodation is perfect for Moor & Beach lovers. The sandy coves of South Devon aren’t too far away and with Moorland walks on our doorstep, Dartmoor’s spectacular landscape is on tap.
"Do you ever listen to The Archers? Do you ever imagine the rolling green hills of Ambridge as you hear the fake bird song behind Lynda Snell’s voice, or the stone cottages that house the likes of Peggy Woolley? Well, transplant that visual a couple of hours south, out of Borsetshire and into Dartmoor, and you’ve got Lurcombe Luxury Cottages, the most picturesque cluster of cottages there is”Pip McCormac, Associate Editor, Red Magazine
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- wanda01454Bristol, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesExceptionalSaturday, 15th October 2016Outstanding apartment, friendly hosts, beautiful weather, great views. This is the perfect base for exploring Dartmoor. We can't recommend it highly enough. We will definitely be returning. Read full review
- SidJanaMRWednesday, 28th September 2016Fantasticactress place , great accomofation and golden Hosts. This was our best holidays in a long time. Easily accessible place within Dartmoor and most of the sandy beaches within 20 min drive... Read full review
- chloemorris2016Gloucestershire, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesBeautiful cottage in stunning locationWednesday, 14th September 2016We stayed at The Mill for a special weekend away as part of a wedding gift and it is the perfect romantic getaway. The stay was just what we wanted and more - the owners were very friendly and had... Read full review
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - We accept babes in arms up to a year old and can provide a travel cot. We ask that you bring your own bedding for your little one.
- Adult Only
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - The nearest golf course is Stover - a 15 minute drive from Lurcombe.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - We are happy to point you in the right direction for horse riding and can recommend some very good contacts on the moor.
- Cycle hire - We have some good contacts should you wish to cycle hire. Alternatively you can bring your own as we have lockable secure storage for bikes.
- Fishing - You are welcome to fish our small fishing lake which has oodles of carp and the odd rainbow trout! All we ask is that you photograph what you catch and then kindly pop them back!
- Tennis court
- Wet Room Available
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Washing Machine
- Countryside Location
- Electricity inc in rate
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gas inc in rate
- Ironing Facilities
- Launderette - There is a washing machine available for your use in a separate utility room.
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Open all year
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Special provisions for cyclists - We are able to offer secure storage for bikes.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
We recommend bringing a car, as the area is full of things to see and do.
We are set in the village of Bickington, on the edge of the Moor, which is only a few minutes drive from the A38 Devon Expressway.
When you book, we send out directions so we know you can arrive safely!
Public Transport Directions
Lurcombe is nestled into a secret valley – and feels like far enough away….but close enough to….
We have no light pollution and oodles of wildlife
We are only 10 minutes from Newton Abbot, Ashburton and 25 minutes from Exeter, 30 minutes from Plymouth.
We are located in a great location, only 3 miles from Haytor and the iconic Tors of Dartmoor
The bus stop is a fifteen minute walk away with links to Exeter and Plymouth.
The nearest train station is Newton Abbot, the nearest airport Exeter
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* We are open all year round.