|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Group||£2.45 per ticket|
|Child Group||£1.46 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The City's FREE award winning Red Coat Guided Tours are provided by Exeter City Council and are the perfect way to explore Exeter, one of the oldest cities of England. Run by experienced qualified volunteer guides a variety of tours are available, each one focusing on a different aspect of Exeter's history and culture.
Discover the city's sites of interest and hidden treasures. All tours are on foot so please wear suitable footwear. No dogs (except guide dogs) are allowed on tours. Children must be accompanied.
Tours commence from the main West Front of the Cathedral (some tours from the Quay) each day of the year except Christmas Day and 1 January. See the website link below for the tour programme and starting points.
Full details of the tour schedule are also posted on notice boards located outside the Cathedral, Custom House Visitor Centre on the Quayside, as well as outside Exeter Visitor Information & Tickets office, located next to the Princesshay car park entrance. You can also pick-up a leaflet at both visitor centres on your arrival or one can be posted to you.
- Free Entry
- Groups Accepted - Need to pre-book.
- In town/city centre
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Parking (charge) - Please park in city centre car parks.
- Approx length of visit - 1hr 30 minutes
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Booking essential - Booking essential for groups
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
Map & Directions
Guided tours start from Cathedral Green or the Historic Quayside.
Public Transport Directions
Exeter is easily reached by bus or train. Nearest train station is Exeter Central, or catch a bus to Exeter Bus Station or Exeter High Street. All Park & Ride services will drop you within a short walk of the Cathedral Yard.
|Exeter Red Coat Guided Tours (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Tours not available Christmas Day & Boxing Day