|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Concession||£3.20 per ticket|
|Adult||£3.60 per ticket|
|Child 5 - 15 years||£2.20 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
A classic motte and bailey castle, founded soon after the Conquest to overawe the Saxon town. A later stone shell-keep crowns its steep mound, giving sweeping views across the town rooftops to the River Dart. Why not make a day of it and take a ferry trip along the beautiful River Dart to Dartmouth or join the steam train for a trip to Buckfastleigh, a journey not to be missed.
- Accept Children over 7
- Dog friendly
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- In town/city centre
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Nearest parking within five minutes walk.
- Picnic Site
- American Express accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - Min group size of 11 to receive group discount
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - email email@example.com
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A385. In Totnes on a hill overlooking the town. Park in town car park. On foot, turn right off high street, or from station, take castle street.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Totnes station. Cross Station Road into Castle Street opposite. The castle is 0.25 mile up the hill on the right.
|Totnes Castle Opening Weekends only 10am - 4pm (1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Dartmouth Castle Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* For full opening times and prices, visit www.,english-heritage.org.uk
Closed 24th - 26th December and 1st January