Higher Bowden Holiday Cottages
Higher Bowden Holiday Cottages, lie in a spectacular south facing hillside at the top of the valley leading down to Blackpool Sands beach, South Devon and within 15 minutes drive is the pretty historic naval port of Dartmouth with its many notable restaurants.
*** On May 31st 2014 Higher Bowden was presented with a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Only the top-performing 10 per cent of businesses listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award. ****
This family run complex of thirteen cottages was developed from two adjoining 17th century farms set in 6.5 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, each cottage having its own individual character and providing a superb level of comfort and modern amenity. Children are particularly catered for with baclkout curtains, cots, high chairs, stair gates and booster seats provided free of charge.
All Cottages include:
• Either 26" or 32" (full HD) LCD TVs with Freeview & and selected Sky Sports channels plus DVD player. Selected cottage also have an Apple TV controller to view the owners iTunes film library.
• Wireless Broadband Internet.
• Are equipped to a high standard with fitted kitchens, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer etc. direct dial telephone and radio/cd player, log burning stoves in brick inglenooks, plus their own outdoor sitting area, mostly with a secure terrace or small garden
• The cottages are located across the spectacular landscaped 6.5 acre site and are very quiet due to the thick stone walls and our restriction on group/party bookings.
• Free access to superb facilities consisting of: Swimming pool, Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath, Games room, Snooker room, Under 5’s Play room, Tennis, Putting
. Our friendly goats, guinea pigs and ornamental fish pond are always an attraction for families especially feed time!
Open March through to October plus New Year Period (Dec 27th - Jan 4th) and February Half Term.
- 4-5 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Gold 2013
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2012
- Visit England Families Welcome 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
Superb stretch of golden sand and shingle in a sheltered, unspoilt bay with turquoise blue sea and...1.06 miles away
A small green door hides a forgotten world which is today coming back to life. Overlooking...1.06 miles away
At the very start of the long coastal bar that stretches to Torcross and beyond is this beautiful,...2.25 miles away
Guided tours of Britannia Royal Naval College provide an insight into the history of the Royal...2.48 miles away
The paddle steamer Kingswear Castle is the last remaining coal-fired paddle steamer in operation in...2.52 miles away
One of the country's prime destinations for 'Green Tourism', the Dart Estuary aims to give visitors...2.57 miles away
One of the most picturesquely- sited fortresses in England. For over six hundred years Dartmouth...2.78 miles away
Woodlands Family Theme Park, Dartmouth is a unique combination of indoor and outdoor attractions,...2.85 miles away
Slapton sands is a beautiful pebble beach that stretched for almost two miles from Strete Gate to...4.61 miles away
CanoeAdventures offer steersman guided Voyager open canoes for every age and ability going out on...4.7 miles away
Close to Kingsbridge in South Devon, Beesands has got all the right ingredients for a great beach...5.46 miles away
Sharpham Vineyard is set in one of Devon's most magical locations. The beautiful 550 acre estate is...5.52 miles away