- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £99.00 to £289.00 per room (room only)|
|Also available as:|
|Family en suite||from £195.00 to £289.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||from £99.00 to £189.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £99.00 to £289.00 per room (room only)|
|Suite en suite bathroom||from £195.00 to £289.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Due to a fire in Cathedral Yard, the ABode Exeter (Royal Clarence Hotel) was sadly destroyed. Please see below some words from the owner of this historic hotel...
'The Royal Clarence Hotel has long been a special place for my family and I, and it is with great sadness that we witnessed events as they unfolded.
We would like to thank all of our team who have worked tirelessly to ensure the safety and well being of our guests along with the outstanding efforts of the emergency services...
...We have every intention to rebuild the hotel with enormous sympathy to its importance and heritage, and to make it once again a building that the City of Exeter will be proud of.
We have always said we believe we are merely custodians of the buildings our hotels operate within, and we pledge to do our very best to return The Royal Clarence to the city of Exeter and its people.'
– Andrew Brownsword CBE, owner
ABode Exeter stood proudly for 300 years on Exeter’s beautiful Cathedral Green at the heart of the city, with spectacular views of the Cathedral. Set in a 17th century coaching inn - said to be Britain’s oldest hotel – ABode Exeter offered outstanding culinary credentials, offered alongside modern, luxury accommodation, under the careful custody of the Brownsword family.
For more information, please contact the hotel manager: email@example.com
- Celebrity connection - Michael Jackson stayed in June 2002. Uri Gellar stayed in June 2002.
- Film or TV location - For filming of
- Haunted - Three ghosts apparently, detailed in hotel history (all friendly!)
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Oldest Hotel in England. Built in 1769. Opposite the gothic Exeter Cathedral.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children - Cots, highchairs.
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - £7.50 per 24 hours
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Mon-Fri at 7am-9.30am. Sat-Sun and bank holidays at 8am-10am.
- Serve evening meal - In Michael Caines Restaurant 7pm-10pm. Also cafe bar till 10pm. Restaurant closed on Sundays.
- Serve lunch - In Michael Caines Restaurant at 12.30pm-2.30pm and throughout the day at Cafe Bar. Also in the Well House Tavern.
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Fantastic location for weddings overlooking Exeter Cathedral. Can do up to 100 covers for wedding breakfast.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Modem in each conf room and bedrooms. Business venue available at a charge.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - As a group of hotels, there is an environmental policy in place.
- Danish spoken
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Italian spoken
Map & Directions
From M5 junction 30
Exit M5/A30 and head towards Exeter following signs for Exeter and Dawlish (A379) Take second turning on left signed Dawlish and city centre. At the countess wear roundabout turn right. Follow signs to city centre. The hotel is opposite the cathedral.
Public Transport Directions
From Exeter Central - 3 minutes walk
Turn left and continue down Queen Street, cross the High Street and walk to the end of St Martins Lane. The hotel is on the right.
|Abode Exeter - Royal Clarence Hotel (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|