|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.90 per person per day|
|Child 5 - 15 Years||£2.90 per person per day|
|Concession||£4.40 per person per day|
|English Heritage Members Free||Free|
TIC Staff admitted free
Tucked away in a steep wooded valley, Berry Pomeroy Castle is the perfect romantic ruin.
Within the 15th century defences of the Pomeroy family castle, still displaying a wall painting of the Three Kings in its gatehouse chamber, looms the dramatic ruined shell of its successor, the great mansion of the Swymours.
Begun in the 1560s and ambitiously enlarged from around 1600, their mansion was intended to become the most spectacular house in Devon, a match for Longleat and Audley End. Never completed and abandoned by 1700, it became the focus of blood-curdling ghost stories, recounted in the audio tour which brings the castle history to life for visitors.
- Accept Children over 7
- Dog friendly
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Assistance dogs on leads only
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- American Express accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Free car parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - tel: 0117 9750700
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Min group size to receive discount on admission is 11.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A385. 2.5 miles East of Totnes off the A385.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Totnes station. Bus: Fist 111, Torquay - Dartmouth.
|Berry Pomeroy Castle Open Weekends only, 10am - 4pm (1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Berry Pomeroy Castle Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* For full opening times and prices, visit www.,english-heritage.org.uk
Closed 24th - 26th December and 1st January