|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.00 per ticket|
|Child (under 18)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Senior / Student||£5.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Exeter's Underground Passages were built to house the pipes that brought clean drinking water into medieval Exeter. A guided tour of Exeter's Underground Passages is a memorable event - narrow, dark, interesting and exciting. Visit the heritage centre before your guided tour, packed with interactive exhibits and interpretation.
These are the only passages of this kind open to the public in Britain!
These tours are likely to fill up quickly and are also subject to change at short notice. Pre-booking is advisable and during school holidays is essential to avoid disappointment.
Normal operating hours will commence on Tuesday 4 January 2017. However from Monday 6th - Friday 10 February 2017 the Underground Passages will be closed for essential maintenance.
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook. Large groups will be split into smaller groups of 15 max.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Guide dogs not permitted underground.
- Ramp/Level Access - To Heritage Centre only
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Children under 5 not permitted underground.
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - Across road from Exeter Bus Station.
- Parking (charge) - Please park in city centre car parks.
- Accepts Exeter Pound
- Approx length of visit - Underground tour lasts approx 25 minutes
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 100
- Special group rates - Group rates available.
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Air-conditioning throughout - Exhibition area only.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Open all year
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards student/youth
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide - Video presentation in subtitles
- German audio guide - Video presentation in subtitles
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs to city centre.
Public Transport Directions
The entrance is located on Paris Street, just a few minutes walk fro Exeter Bus Station. The nearest train station is Exeter Central, approx 10 minutes walk.
|2016/7 Low Season (1 Oct 2016 - 31 May 2017)|
|2017 Low Season (1 Jan 2017 - 30 May 2017)|
|2017 High Season & School Holidays (1 June 2017 - 30 Sept 2017)|
* Tuesday - Friday: First tour half hour after opening, last tour 3.30pm.
However, from Monday 6th - Friday 10 February 2017 the Underground Passages will be closed for essential maintenance.