Open - 7 days a week 10am - 5.30pm (Café closes 5pm Nov. – Feb.)
The Riverside Mill, a Grade II Listed building, has a shop, exhibition gallery and gallery cafe. The shop, selected for quality by the Crafts Council, displays a wide variety of contemporary crafts including ceramics, jewellery, textiles, furniture, prints and woodwork by 240 Members of the Devon Guild. The exhibition gallery holds a regularly changing programme of exhibitions featuring work by Guild Members and invited contributors. Refurbishment is now complete creating the largest contemporary crafts venue in the South West, with new gallery, extended craft shop and cafe. Huge programme of outreach, schools residencies and professional development for makers. Membership open to all South West craft workers.
Click here to see a full diary of events at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen.
- Groups Accepted - call for details.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop in new gallery.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Excellent signage/interpretation. Braille and audio guides available.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licensed cafe serving home-cooked meals, including vegetarian food, cakes, etc, for 80 max indoors, and roof terrace (after Jul 04), daily, 1000-1730.
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A38. Two miles off A38 from Exeter to Plymouth. Follow signs for Bovey Tracey, the Riverside Mill is at the centre of the village with adjacent public parking.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Newton Abbot station. Buses from Newton Abbot bus station run regularly. Regular buses from Exeter and Plymouth go past the Riverside Mill (contact Stagecoach on 01392 439439).
|Devon Guild Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|