- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe||£199.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Feature||£209.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Regular||£149.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single||£109.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior||£179.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Number of rooms to be confirmed closer to opening.
Welcome to our “contemporary wonderland” as Alastair Sawday dubbed us, in the heart of the sublime city of Exeter. Take a step inside this iconic building, formerly the West of England Eye Hospital, where historic walled gardens and striking architecture create the backdrop for a truly special experience. As our newest property, this glorious Exeter hotel is brimming with its own charm and unique personality, distinct from our other hotels but equally impressive in its own right.
Hugo Dalton was inspired to mural our lounge wall, opening out onto the magical terrace and garden perfect for sketching faeries, writing novellas or simply sipping a glass of Pinot. If the weather doesn't inspire you a short meander through our library certainly will, whilst the call of the bar and bistro is sure to tempt you with its fantastic range of bottles and beautiful French-inspired menus.
- Accept Children over 7
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built in 1901, as west of England eye infirmary.
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Accept Children Over 3
- Facilities for children - Cots and two beds.
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Please use nearby public car park
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 0700-10.00 weekdays. 0730-1030 weekends.
- Serve evening meal - 7pm-10pm.
- Serve lunch - 12-2.00 pm.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Modem point in all bedrooms - Wireless internet at an extra charge
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- City Centre Location
- Conference facilities
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gym and Leisure facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open all year
- Pets accepted - Clearing costs and supplement charge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Spa and Treatment Room
- Spa Facilities
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Swimming Pool
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - No ground floor rooms for lone females. Escorted to car if necessary.
- French spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Polish spoken
- Romanian spoken
- Russian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Thai spoken
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From North - M5 junction 29 to exeter City Centre. Through Heavitree bearing left along Magdalen Road. Turn Left at Junction opposite Courts and The Hotel Du Vin is on your left.
From East - A30. J29 and follow above.
From West - A30. Follow signs to City Centre/Quay.
Public Transport Directions
Trains to Exeter St Davids. Taxi to hotel is 5 - 10 mins and costs about £5. Train to Exeter Central walking distance (10 mins). Go to Cathedral onto Southernhay bear right. The Hotel Du Vin is on the opposite side of road to your left.