AboutA Royalist stronghold with 900 years of history and architecture. The 11thC chapel, the oldest complete building in Devon; the armoury containing Civil War armour; the guardroom with fine Tudor furniture and oil paintings; the Great Hall; the Tudor bedroom, 17thC farmhouse, all are shown. Tours available by appointment, please telephone 01884 855363 to make one.
We charge £7 per head for individual adults (£4 for accompanied children 8-16) or if you want to bring a group of ten or more its £5 per head. We also do tours with tea and cakes for a special rate.
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Tearoom for 120 max; Devon cream teas a speciality. Lunch 3 course set menu.
- Picnic Site
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 40
- Min group size - 10
- Visa accepted
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- French spoken
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M5. Exit M5 to Tiverton; from there take A396 to Bickleigh; follow brown signs from village.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Exeter St David's and Tiverton Parkway, 11 and 7 miles.
|Bickleigh Castle (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Jan 2018)|