- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £54.00 to £68.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £62.00 to £75.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £64.00 to £74.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£61.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
AboutThe Langstone Cliff Hotel is a family-owned and managed 3 star hotel which has been established over 60 years. It offers 66 comfortable and well equipped en-suite bedrooms, an air-conditioned ballroom and restaurant, two bars, extensive lounges and leisure facilities all set in 19 acres of wooded grounds overlooking the sea. The hotel is a popular family holiday destination, especially during school holidays, Christmas and New Year.
Leisure facilities include indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, hard tennis court, fitness room, golf practice area, table tennis, snooker, short mat bowls and children's adventure unit. The hotel can offer free Golf at the nearby Dawlish Warren Golf Course an 18 Hole Links couse just 500 metres from the hotel. Please contact reception for details.
Set in 19 acres of child friendly woodland on the beautiful Devon coast at Dawlish Warren with expansive lawns and gardens with magnificent sea views overlooking the golden sandy beaches and internationally famous nature reserve at Dawlish Warren.
The Langstone Cliff Hotel is especially fortunate in having so many large public rooms overlooking the sea and South Devon coast. Three exceptionally comfortable lounges and two bars means you can invariably find a quiet corner for a chat or even a snooze. The Lincoln Bar is open all day every day and offers a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and a comprehensive snack and light lunch menu.
The hotel has conference, meeting and banqueting facilities for up to 400 with a choice of 7 different conference and meeting rooms. There is a choice of rooms registered for civil weddings and can cater for wedding ceremonies and receptions from 2 to 350 guests.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good179
- Debbie KSwanley, United KingdomTrip type:Friends getaway60th birthdayTuesday, 21st February 2017Had a lovely weekend celebrating a friends 60th birthday. Our room was spotless and very comfortable as was the bed. The food was very good and always hot, be it from the carvery or bar food. The... Read full review
- eborfanDawlish, United KingdomTrip type:CouplesLangston Cliff HotelMonday, 20th February 2017We enjoyed yet another top quality stay in this great hotel. The room was beyond our expectations in quality and location. The choice and quality of food in the restaurant was faultless. We had an... Read full review
- Rob BPlymouth, United KingdomTrip type:FamilyLangstone sets the bar other hotels should aspire toMonday, 20th February 2017Firstly I should add that although I have been going to Langstone for holidays for most of my life, I have only recently started using TripAdvisor and it seemed right for me to do a short review of... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's play area
- Facilities for children - Cots, highchairs, toddler room, play units, swimming pools, baby listening.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children - Parents have the option of their children having childrens suppers or having the reguar hotel dinner.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 200 hard standing, 1000 field.
- Access to golf course - Warren 0.5 miles concession rates for hotel guests, 10 other courses within 12 miles.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Hairdressing salon, small gym.
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities - Fitness room, snooker, table tennis.
- Outdoor pool - Available May through September.
- Tennis court
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 7.30am-9.45am daily.
- Serve evening meal - 7.00pm-9.00pm daily.
- Serve lunch - 12.30pm-2.00pm Sundays, any day by appointment.
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Any size up to 400 people.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Regular evening entertainment
- Separate guests' lounge
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Cabaret and entertainment weekends. Dance holidays. Short mat bowls tours.
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
From Exeter and the North
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 30
2. Follow the signs for Dawlish (A379) 2nd Exit on the Sandygate Roundabout
3. Proceed along a short length of dual carriageway for approximately half a mile past the turning for the supermarket following the signs for Dawlish.
4. Filter on to a second Dual Carriageway to for approximately a quarter mile to Countess Wear roundabout. Take the 2nd exit signposted Dawlish (A379)
5. Proceed along the road (over the swing bridge) for about 500 metres to Matford roundabout take the first exit signposted Dawlish (A379)
6. Continue along the Exminster bypass approx 2 miles (Sannerville Way) to the roundabout take the second exit and proceed towards Kenton. Approximately 4 miles.
7. Follow the road through Kenton to the village of Starcross.
8. Once through Starcross proceed along beside the railway to a sharp right hand bend with Cockwood harbour on your left as you turn out of the bend.
9. Take the road 20 metres beyond the bend adjacent to the harbour and proceed to Dawlish Warren pass the Anchor Inn.
10. Approximately 1 mile to Dawlish Warren proceed through the village pass the turning to the Beach on the left.
11. Continue up the hill pass the Mount Pleasant inn on your left. The Hotel entrance is approximately 50 metres on the Left look out for a large Blue Sign.
From Plymouth and the South West
1. From Plymouth take the A38 Expressway towards Exeter.
2. At Haldon Hill Just passed the Happy Eater Restaurant take the turning left signposted to
Dunchideock and Exeter Racecourse.
3. Turn Right at the junction and proceed under the A38 towards the A380.
4. Cross the Mini roundabout and proceed for approximately half a mile to the junction with the A380.
5. Cross the A380 and follow the road adjacent to the Café
6. Continue down the lane for approximately 2 miles to the B3381. Continue along the road to the left where the road connects to the B3381.
7. Follow the Road down the Hill being careful of oncoming traffic and tight bends for approximately 4 Miles.
8. At the T Junction with New Road, opposite the golf course, take a right turn and proceed to the main A379 at Cockwood Harbour.
9. At the Junction with the main A379 at Cockwood you will see a road almost opposite you running along the back of the Harbour. Take this road to Dawlish Warren.
12. Approximately 1 mile to Dawlish Warren proceed through the village pass the turning to the Beach on the left.
13. Continue up the hill pass the Mount Pleasant inn on your left. The Hotel entrance is approximately 50 metres on the Left look out for a large Blue Sign.
Public Transport Directions
The number 2 bus stops immediately outside the hotel drive on Mount pleasant road. The hotel is located at the end of an approximately 150metre long driveway.
Dawlish Warren station is the nearest main line railway station it is unmanned and is located around 300 metres from the Langstone Cliff Hotel. You can be met from the station please telephone on 01626 868000 or you may walk to the hotel.
Dawlish Station is manned and receives a better service than Dawlish Warren. It is located just over a mile from the hotel. It is possible to walk to the hotel along the coast path. There is a taxi rank immediately outside the station or you can be met by arrangement. Please call the Hotel on 01626 868000.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars Hotel
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* *Reception open from 8am-11pm daily. Night porter on duty each night.